Is an Operations Control Tower the Next Phase of S&OP/IBP?
Operations control tower is a topic that Trevor Miles, vice president of S&OP Innovation Summit, January 31 – February 1 at the ., will tackle at the
S&OP or IBP is, by definition, multi-functional, with S&OP spanning Sales and Operations/Manufacturing, and IBP reaching further to include Finance. In reality, a mature S&OP process will also include Marketing, Engineering, and Procurement as a means to achieve effective coordination of business operations especially in ‘fruit fly’ markets such as High-Tech, where products are conceived, develop, mature, and die off all within a short period of time. This type of cross-functional process support is a key aspect of an Operations Control Tower, as is the ability to merge multiple planning horizons, including the medium term S&OP horizon.
During the conference we invite you to stop by the Kinaxis booth #1 to meet with our experts and learn more about the Kinaxis RapidResponse advantage! Be sure to say hi to Bill DuBois as he interviews attendees for the Late Late Supply Chain Show.
Also, make sure to follow the hashtag #SOPVGS on Twitter to get real-time updates from the event.
For more information on the Sales & Operations Planning Innovation Summit, visit: http://operations.theiegroup.com/sop-lasvegas
Hope to see you in Vegas!Google+
- Elevate your S&OP Process: Complimentary Analyst Report Featured in Kinaxis Newsletter
- Our Bags Are Packed For The Upcoming IBF Supply Chain Forecasting & Planning Conference
- Our Bags Are Packed! And We Are Headed to Automotive Logistics Global
- Collapsing Time Between Planning and Execution Across the Multi-Enterprise Supply Chain, Webcast
- 5 Bold Predictions for the 2013 Supply Chain Top 25