Happy Mother’s Day to all those hardworking moms out there! Have you ever marveled at how some women just seem to have it all together? They manage to turn a hectic household into a well-oiled machine, while I can barely manage to keep my household of two up and running! In honor of these Super Moms, I’ve pulled together the top five reasons why you should be asking your mom for more than just relationship advice.
- She’s the Best Master Scheduler You’ll Ever See – Between school, hockey practices, dance recitals and her own social life (yes, moms have those too!), she somehow manages to get everyone where they need to be on time and in the most effective way possible. Her schedule is coordinated down to the minute, and she always has contingency plans in case of potential delays, like having to pick up an extra passenger on the carpool run. She also knows where every member of her household is at any given moment. No missing or delayed shipments here!
- Her Inventory Management is Second to None – Ever wonder how moms always seems to know what’s in the cupboard when kids ask for snacks? She can rattle off the entire contents of the pantry without missing a beat. That’s because she knows exactly how much inventory she has, how long it’s likely to last, and when the best time is to re-stock. She also has a strong grasp on demand planning, always buying exactly the right amount of what her family’s likely to want in any given time period, balanced with how much storage space she has available for excess inventory. Say goodbye to stock spoilage and shortages!
- She’s the Queen of Purchasing – Want to know the best price for ground beef, or where to go to get the freshest produce? Ask your mom! As chief buyer for her household, she’ll likely always know where the best deals are, and when. Why else do you think so many moms start their holiday shopping in July? Their knowledge of local suppliers is truly outstanding, and in many cases they’ve worked hard to build beneficial relationships with those suppliers, getting advanced knowledge of special savings. But not to fear, if a supplier can’t deliver the necessary goods at a competitive price, moms know just where to go to get what they need – reducing any disruptions to the rest of the supply chain.
- She Knows How to Minimize Waste – Waste not, want not. It’s a saying I’ve heard countless times from my own mother, and a saying wise women everywhere take to heart when it comes to managing their households. Moms have a way of finding efficiencies and savings everywhere, especially when it comes to minimizing waste. Old socks into dust rags, table scraps into compost, broken toys into funky art projects – there is virtually no waste when it comes to these supply chains.
- Collaboration is Part of Her Daily Life – No mom is an island, and most realize this very early on. They’re not afraid to put themselves out there and ask each other, their own moms, or experts, for advice. They work together to share certain key tasks like getting the kids to that weekend soccer tournament or deciding what to bring to the bake sale so it’s not just a table full of chocolate chip cookies. Moms are an elite group who work together to make life a little easier for everyone.