We’re pleased to share news of Gartner’s most recent research, the 2019 Magic Quadrant for Sales and Operations Planning Systems of Differentiation. On the strength of feedback from our customer community, Kinaxis has been named a Leader for the third consecutive time, which we believe validates our holistic approach to supply chain planning, which connects customer data, processes and people across the entire network.
According to Gartner, a sales and operations planning (S&OP) Systems of Differentiation (SOD) “is a software solution that helps to enable a Stage 4, or possibly higher, maturity S&OP process,”1 enabling unique company processes or industry-specific capabilities. Gartner recommends the solution include each of the following 13 key capabilities, each of which Kinaxis recognized as a Leader:
- Collaboration support — moving more toward a multi-enterprise environment
- Hierarchy/translation management — e.g., aggregating/disaggregating, switching from units to financial units of measure (UOMs)
- Process management — including templating, assumption management and auditing
- Tight integration to SCP SORs — supporting active decision making in the S&OP process
- Integration to other SODs — either directly or via an SOR, e.g., CRM, strategic corporate performance management (CPM), business intelligence (BI), multi-echelon inventory optimization (MEIO)
- Supply chain modeling to support creating scenarios
- Scenario planning and management — including the versioning and socialization of scenarios
- Solution configurability
- Support for global deployments — including planning speed and scalability
- Financial impact analysis and planning — including predictive financial reports
- Performance management and analytics — including scorecards and dashboards
- Simple user experience — including use of Excel as a UI and/or mobility to aid use/access
- Project planning — support for new product introduction (NPI)/product reviews and other supply chain initiatives
The report evaluated a total of 20 vendors, Kinaxis was recognized for its ability to execute and completeness of vision in the Leaders’s quadrant.
Download the Gartner report to:
- Get Gartner’s perspective on the state of the sales and operations Systems of Differentiation market
- Understand how Kinaxis is positioned compared to other supply chain planning vendors
- And ultimately, select the platform that’s right for your organization
To access the complete guidance, download the Magic Quadrant for Sales and Operations Planning Systems of Differentiation.